Two things about this blog: 1) My addresses are posted here so you can easily access them and write me letters! Unless you hear otherwise, I should be in the MTC for about 10 weeks. (I'll have my MTC address updated once I'm in the MTC and have my box number, etc.) The mission home address can be used for the rest of my mission. If there are any address updates (box numbers or field assignments), they will be posted. 2) Letters will be posted (not by me, just to clarify) so you can read updates on me and my mission experiences.
I am so grateful for my call to serve in the Illinois Nauvoo mission and among the deaf! I know this is going to be an exhausting work, but I also know I will learn and grow a lot. I also know I will feel joy unlike anything I have yet experienced because I'll be testifying of the Gospel to God's children. In the Book of Mormon Ammon, a great missionary, says, "Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yeah, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel" (Alma 26: 16). This is why I want to serve a mission. I feel so blessed and grateful to have the blessings of the Gospel, and I want to share these blessings with others. I know this church is true, and I know that by coming to Christ and following His teachings we can gain exaltation-- eternal life in the presence of our Father in Heaven.
I love you all and hope you'll keep in touch!
Love,
Monique
1 comment:
Good luck. We'll write and keep you in our prayers!
Post a Comment