Mar 19, 2009

Okay, before I forget again, Elder 'Solo' (who now makes me think of Star Wars) is named Elder Hill. You'll see him cuz I'm gonna be sending pictures home. He's going to Tuscon. Sister Storer is going to Temple Square, and Sister Barry is going to Nauvoo. Sister Storer is from the Sacramento area-- Fulsom actually. I think she has two younger brothers. Her parents are British. She's very loud and bubbly. She served a nine month mini mission with the ASL sisters back home before she came, so she's really frustrated to be stuck at the MTC. She is very fashion conscious. Sister Barry, of course, is from Provo. I think there are eight kids in her family. She is very dedicated and she's learning ASL quickly and well. The only thing we really all have in common is music- both my companions are excellent pianists, and Sister Barry plays the trombone and sings. Oh, and Elder Hill (our fourth companion) is from Orem. His older brother is deaf and I met him as a youth at EFY and then again at school.
I told Grandma Zeeman this already, but I want you to know that we have not lost each other at the temple.

Last night the girls in the next room over started screaming. Apparently a bat came in through somebody's open window and flew into their room. It was pretty funny. Anyway, they captured it in a pillow case and then took it out and released it. It was pretty scared so it took a while to fly off. Bats are creepy looking. Anyway, it was exciting.

Also, we're learning D&C 4 in ASL. Guess how "Behold" translates in ASL. "HEY!" I thought Taelor would like that, plus also it reminds me of "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" when Gladys screams, "HEY! Unto you a child is born!"

No comments: