Apr 11, 2009

April 9

Hi family! Well, I've been here five weeks! Crazy! Four more to go... Not sure if I'm that ready, but... I'm so ready!Thanks for the conference treats! I was very excited to get them, and very excited to see a pie in there too! Way yummy! And it was especially nice because I was pretty homesick during conference. Like most missionaries at Christmas.... It was cool to see it at the MTC though, with lots of missionaries. I learned a lot. I told Mike this in a letter I just sent, but the screen I was watching it on didn't match the sound of all the other screens. It was a tender mercy of the Lord-- watching the Prophet walk off while he was still talking. Mom- to answer your question, Sister Storer leaves a week before us. I think she'll only be in our companionship for another two weeks because then she'll switch to visitor center training. I don't know for sure about that though. But yeah, she leaves in three weeks.We've gotten really close to the new sisters in our branch. The two in our room are really outgoing and fun-- I'll miss them. Only one more district can come and go before we leave! It's hard to see people come and go, but the idea that we're all part of God's army is awesome. I am so lucky!This week I decided something-- I LOVE Isaiah! It requires thought, and when I get it I feel really rewarded and I've learned something new. We were discussing it in class the other night, and I've decided I'm going to read it. Aren't you excited, Mom? We can discuss it or something.Every week we have interviews with one of our teachers and review class, progress, goals, etc. Yesterday my teacher helped me figure out how I study best and helped me form goals for myself that match my study needs. I'm so excited! It'll be fun to try it out and see how it goes.Other than that, I can't think of anything exotic and new and exciting. I'm glad to hear things are good at home. Thanks for keeping me posted. :) I love you all!

No comments: