Apr 23, 2009
Hi all! With all my love! :)First off (for blog readers mostly) I got delayed here at the MTC. I'll be here an extra week. This is because of two things: 1) God has a sense of humor, and 2) I didn't feel ready to leave and God answered my prayers. Anyway, the plan now is to leave the 12th of May. One of my companions (going to Nauvoo with me) is also delayed. The other companion is bumped up because she's going to Temple Square and they want her now. She leaves next week and is currently in visitor center training.My cousin Kenneth Neil (arrived last week) is leaving a week before me now. He thinks it's pretty funny. It's fun to have him here. I see him all the time. I forgot I'm not allowed physical interaction with male family members and I gave his shoulder a little rub saying goodbye the other day. He called me out on it ;P ha ha! (Elder Westwood's been reading his white handbook.) Anyway, oops!This week started out REALLY rough for me, but it's gotten better. Worked out some companion struggles and prayed real hard.Last Friday Sister Barry and I taught a really good practice lesson in the TRC with the help of the Spirit. We were pretty excited. And I get three more weeks to learn and improve here in the MTC!Sherry Dew came and spoke for Relief Society on Sunday. Unfortunately I didn't get to hear it because I was asked to help with a Sacrament Meeting for the cafeteria workers. Oh well!Another district left us-- our four english sisters left. That's sad. (Sorry Mike, never got that letter for you... I'll send you a pic though.) We just got another sister from Burmingham England (I'm curious to know if James W knows her family). Her accent is Crazy and if she talks really fast I don't understand a lot of what she says. Her companion will be coming Saturday from the Ukraine. Both are going to Romania. Oh speaking of Romania, Sora Slaeman (the Canadian/Syrian sister) finally got out of the MTC after like 13 weeks! She left Monday- it's weird not having her here, but we're happy for her.I'm happy to report that I'm improving in my areas of language struggle. I'm definitely excited about it.Guess what Mom! Yesterday during gym I played with the other kids! I even hit the ball a few times (volleyball) and some of those times it even went the right direction! (Normally at gym I do laps on the track or use the equipment.)Hmmm... I'm sure there's other exciting stuff going on, but I really can't think of all I wanted to say and I'm running out of time. I'll be writing snail mail letters now, so whatever else I think of I'll write home later. You're excited, huh?Oh, I thought I'd try to email pictures but I can't figure out how to get them on the computers here. I guess I'll get some printed and mail them. The other option is that I can have a CD made and send that home (then you could get some online maybe...). Next time you send me a dearelder, let me know what you'd prefer.Well, lots of love! Have a good week!Love,Sister Westwood
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment