Jul 21, 2009

Dear family,Hello! Well, another week gone by here in Nauvoo! I tell you, every day I crash into bed exhausted and unable to believe that the things that happened in the morning were really only that morning and not earlier in the week; but at the same time the eternally long weeks seem to be flying by!We had a break from interpreting this last week, which was nice because I was pretty worn out physically and mentally from the week before, but it's picking up again this week. I'll be interpreting tonight unless the guests get scared away by the rain (and possibly other nights this week). This bunch is a little intimidating, but at the same time it's nice to have another connection with the Deaf world.Things are going well with our companionship. We've had a few things to work through, but I'm really learning a lot from her and I have a lot of respect for her. I've been praying that we can get a step higher than a working companionship and become friends, and I think that will happen. One of my favorite times everyday is when we have companionship study. I feel like we finish more unified, edified, and friend-ified. Still no emailable picture of us, but I'll get there.Here's a bit of exciting news: we've performed our sociable (fireside)!! All our hard work has paid off and it's done! It was well worth it. I know we were able to touch a lot of hearts, including our own. It went very well, I think. Things ran fairly smoothly, we didn't butcher any of our songs, and I didn't cry or mess up during my singing duet. I think I might get a dvd of our first show (we did two) and if I do, I can guarantee you'll be shown it when I get home. :)Here's another bit of exciting news: I got to see Savannah this week! I didn't think she was coming to Nauvoo until August, and so I was very surprised. She poked me from behind, and when I turned around I burst into tears and gave her a huge hug. It was practically cinematic. Her mom was there for a little bit too. It was SO nice to see her.Here's a random-ish question. I caught word that somebody was looking for me and they used "Nikki." Any ideas who it could be? The sister who told me said they appeared to be in their late twenties or so. I thought maybe it was somebody from the ward or something.Well, that's about all my exciting news for this week. As always, bearing my testimony, teaching about the Church's beliefs and history, and generally trying to be a good representative of Christ.I love you all VERY much. Have a good week and I'll write again next. Also, thanks for your letters. :)Love,Sister Westwood

No comments: