Sep 18, 2009

Dear Family,Well, I survived a crazy week!We had a mission presidents' seminar Sunday through Wednesday so our schedule was a little different because we were helping with that. I got to serve all day Tuesday in Carthage, which was great. The rest of the days I served meals, did dishes, set tables, washed linen, etc. It was kind of fun. The hard part was that we had to be at the church and looking really nice and put together by 6:30 in the morning. It was made up to us though-- Thursday we were told by President to be in bed at 9:30 pm and not get up until 7. What missionary gets told to get 9 1/2 hours of sleep?!? It was NICE.Well, Elder Perry presided at this conference, and I had the chance to serve his table for lunch one day. I thought you all might like to hear some lines of conversation--Elder Perry: Where are you from, Sister?Me: PaysonElder Perry: Does anything good come from Payson??Me: I hope so!a little while later...Me: Elder Perry, would you like icecream?Elder Perry: Always!!Ah, Elder Perry, I always knew I liked him. He's a very funny person. (And yes, I now know how he likes his water.)We also got to perform a musical number-- an arrangement of "Called to Serve" with a different melody-- for the whole group and we got a standing ovation. It was definitely an overwhelming experience. We started to file out and then Elder Perry told us to stop. He then said, "How many of you had companionship study yesterday?" Boy was I glad when I could raise my hand (not all the sisters could, what with the chaos of serving and everything).Anyway, it was fun.Well, rumor has it we'll know where we're going a week from Sunday. Kind of weird. And we have transfers this Sunday. It will be a short transfer since we're leaving October 7. I'd like to stay with Sister Bailey, but we'll see what happens.Well, I've got to go. I love you all and hope all is well.Love,Sister Westwood

No comments: