Sep 8, 2009
Dear family,Happy Labor Day! Well, it's weird to not be participating in Onion Days, but I am also quite excited to spend my Labor Day in Hannibal with the Henricksons (I think that's how you spell their last name; and I LOVE them). I like Hannibal, I like getting out for a while, and I like the company. It should be a great day. Plus, this morning we got to go to a breakfast appointment-- whole wheat waffles with fruit :)-- at a temple missionary couple's. It's nice to be able to go into their homes because we get to know them better-- in a way we wouldn't otherwise.Speaking of meal appointments, here's a funny story. Classic for me. The punch line: how does one get lost in a town of 1100 people, especially when they've been there for four months? So, the other night we had a dinner appointment, and I was convinced that it was at this house, kitty corner to the temple with a park across the street. Everyone else thought it was somewhere else. Of course I didn't believe them because I knew I had talked to somebody and they gave me specific directions and that was the only house it could have been. Well, after ringing the bell and waiting for a while, we decided to try the other location, which was the right place. I was quite confused and frustrated, and I said, "I know I talked to somebody who gave me those directions. I just don't get it!" My companion pointed out, "It could have been our breakfast appointment..." Me: "Oh... yeah. That's it..." Brilliant. I guess I still have some stubborness and forgetfulness in me. To make it even better, this morning we went to our breakfast appointment, and it wasn't the right house anyway-- it was the house next door. I hope nobody was home when we rang at the wrong house so early... Ha ha. A day in the life of Sister Westwood...Well, I have some BIG news. Ready? As of last Friday, I have officially been on this mission for six months. That is one third of the way through. Is it just me, or is time flying by??I don't remember if I told you all or not, but our departure date got moved up from mid-October to October 7. That's pretty soon! *Gulp*This week has been educational and a lot of fun. Doing Angels in the Outfield has been a great chance for us to build relationships with the senior missionaries and to review teaching lessons. I've had some really incredible experiences this week. One thing that's interesting about these "pretend" teaching situations is that the Spirit is still there and we still get prompted to say certain things-- usually what those missionaries need whether we know it or not. I had a few of those experiences this week, so it's been well worth it beyond practicing. Why is the Spirit still there even if it's not really anything new for these missionaries? Because it's truth. When we testify of truth, the Spirit is always able to testify as well. It's not a one-time-only deal. Testimonies are something that we continually feed and the Holy Ghost continually confirms. No wonder we go to church every week, pray daily, and treasure up the scriptures. It's because each time we do that we get the opportunity to have the Holy Ghost reconfirm truth to us-- to be strengthened in our testimony and spiritual convictions.Well, there's probably some happenings I'm forgetting to tell you about, but time's running short. I love you very much and hope all is well. Have a great week!Love,Sister WestwoodP.S. Just a heads up, our preparation day is going to be different next week because we're having some meetings at the beginning of the week. It will be someday Thursday to Saturday.P.P.S. I keep forgetting to tell you about that picture. You were right. It's Mrs. Ware, my seventh grade math teacher.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment