We had zone conference last night. It was really nice. It was awfully short compared to the field, though.
So, several days ago I served in Wilford Woodruff's home. It was really slow, and there were some excerpts from his journals there that I read. I read a lot about his first mission, and there were some crazy stories in there! I learned a lot. It was funny: his experiences weren't much different than nowadays, which just goes to show that we are still doing God's work and that the opposition is the same. Anyway, right now Wilford Woodruff is one of my church history heros. I also decided I like reading journals, and when I get home I'm going to read a lot of journals and autobiographies of the early Saints.
Well, I am doing pretty well! Sister Luken's and I have a fun, relaxing day planned, so we're going to go take a breather! (P.S. She says that I will want to sleep for a week when I get home because I will have been tired for 18 months and that will catch up!)
Hope you have a happy week! I love you lots!
Love,
Sister Nikki"
May 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment