May 21, 2010

Dear Family,
Wow! So much has happened in the last ten days, but somehow it's all blurred together and I've managed to forget a lot of great things I was going to tell you. (Oh well, I will tell you what I DO remember right off. Here's a few noteworthy happenings:
We had our monthly district meeting with groups of senior missionaries. Lucky me, I was with the Lights again (who made crescent rolls last summer) and she made rolls again!
We've done a lot of practice for sociable lately. We're working hard to memorize our music. It's earlier this year.
We had our first social with the YPMs (young performing missionaries). For some reason it's been harder this year to get to know them, so having a social opportunity with them was good. Also, one of the band sisters was roommates with Savannah, Lynnae, and Michelle this last year. We've bonded.
Sister Lukens and I had a great last week together. I really loved serving with her.
We had interview with President last week. Mine was quite nice.
Last week I had some great tours! One particular tour Sister Lukens and I gave together to a part-member couple. It was amazing. The Spirit was very strong. I felt very connected to them. I felt like that couple was one reason why I am here in Nauvoo.
Well, transfers happened Sunday! Sister Barry and I were companions for several days. That was fun. We reminisced a lot and read MTC journal entries and signed with each other. It was nice. We were waiting for our two new ASL sisters who were supposedly coming Tuesday night. Then we found out they would be coming Wednesday around 7:00. Then we got a call and found out their flight was changed and to not expect them until around 9:30. Then they didn't come until 10 pm last night. My goodness, that was the longest day! I was so excited, I just got disappointed every time their arrival was pushed back. Well, they are here now! We have had a very busy day. Sister Barry is training Sister Sorensen from Orem (a fellow deaf studies major, recently declared). I am training Sister Hamano! She is so cute and I just love her. Sister Hamano (accent on the 'ma') is from Honolulu, Hawaii and is fourth generation Japanese. I'm including a picture for you. I really love her. I am so excited and hope that I can be a good trainer for her. Well, that's my news for the week! I'm not sure when my next p-day will be. This is a temporary p-day since the new sisters came last night, and next week's p-day might be temporary too; so basically I don't know what to tell you!
I love you all very much and continue to pray for you! Have a great week!
Love,
Sister Westwood

No comments: