May 1, 2009
Hi family!Well, it's been a pretty crazy week. Even with our warted-sisters healed and in the field, we've had our own 5-days a week week in the doctor's office. (Well, tomorrow will be the 5th day.) This time it's because of me! A couple chiropractic appointments (I actually went to Spanish Fork-- you can imagine what an itch that was for me!) because all the studying has made my posture a lot worse and I was getting headaches again, the pediatrist, and followup appointments. I actually have an appointment today, so I'm a few hours short on p-day. Oh well! I also went into the clinic this morning for my foot, but I'll get to that in a bit.So, the pediatrist: it was pretty awful! I think that doctor really likes to cause people pain. (I've heard that from other missionaries as well...) We reviewed my x-ray and I found out a few fascinating things about my right foot. For one, I have bone fusions in my ankle. Like, there's a full joint that I'm missing. (Not in the ankle I broke- weird!) Also, there's a few places I'm starting to get bone spurs, probably because of my flat feet. He had the kind heart to go into detail about the problems I'll probably have with that when I'm middle aged. We then got to the problem of the lump in the top of my foot. I told him how tender it was there, and then he poked at it repeatedly and really hard. It hurt so bad that I started shaking, but I didn't cry! Hope you're proud- I was brave!! He told me it was one of two things- a hemotoma (fancy word for a type of blood clot/mass) superficially (fancy word for close to the skin- which is good to know because it means a blood clot that won't likely move to my heart or something) or a something-something cyst caused by trauma to my foot. He wasn't sure which it was, but offered to shove a needle in there to try and asparate it in case any fluid would come out. If not, it would be the blood clot option. I told him no thank you, I did not want to find out that way. He told me what to watch for in a cyst and I told him I'd come back if it happened. The doctor at the MTC wanted to talk to the pediatrist after I told him I didn't know what to do. The doctor here talked with me again this morning. He's pretty sure it's the hemotoma (with my history- whatever that means) and has ordered some aspirin for me. I'm also supposed to apply moist heat to it about three times a day to help with the pain. (He gave me a little gel pack for that.) The decision on the long-term complications of my flat foot is that I'm getting some good arch supports (I'll get those Monday). Initially they wanted to custom make them, but they think my foot is okay enough to just get standard ones. (Which will happily save my about $200.) Anyway, there's the foot update. I am talented.Things have been crazy here at the MTC what with the swine flu and everything. We're not allowed to touch people- no hand shakes, nothin'. A lot of big precautions. Ya'll take care of yourselves and make sure you do what you need to do to not get sick and if you start feeling sick. I'm praying for all of you.The other big news is that Sister Storer left the MTC yesterday. She's now in the field. It's kind of different without her here.Also, I've learned a lot the last few days. My testimony has grown so much. Just so you know, I love Jesus. I hope you love Him too. The Atonement is an amazing gift. The Gospel is an amazing gift. Family is an amazing gift. Basically, we are really blessed!Random comment, but I took a Spanish lesson yesterday from some of our Spanish elder friends here. I said the closing prayer- in Spanish. It was awesome.I love you all very much. Take care.Love,Nikki/Sister Westwood
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment