Hi family! Well, this is it!
I'll be leaving early Tuesday morning, flying Delta. I'm looking forward to my little call home! My new address (just in case) is going to be:
Sister Monique WestwoodIllinois Nauvoo Mission975 Young StreetNauvoo, Illinois 62354-0215
It's probably good to include my first name, seeing as how there is going to be another Sister Westwood in my mission this summer.
There's a new ASL district at the MTC now. It's weird not to be THE Asl sisters here now. And really weird not to be the latest ASL missionaries. Their district has 7 missionaries- 5 elders and 2 sisters- so it's probably pretty different. Elder Hill says he's enjoying the ratio this time around.
This last week we all picked habits we want to break, so once again I've stopped biting my nails (I had added incentive with the flu going around). They're growing quite nicely. I'm very proud of it and I intend to never bite my nails again.
I've continued playing volleyball. The playing field is open now, so I've played volleyball outside several times. I decided to stop being a pansy, take my chances, and dive for the ball. Fortunately for me, I am the most graceful person in the world. This translates as I caught my foot in the sand funny as I came down and twisted my left ankle. I now have swelling on both feet! Sister Barry has decided I need a full body cast to protect me and the world. The first couple days were pretty bad- now the swelling has gone down a lot and it just hurts a little. My right foot is doing a bit better- it doesn't hurt as much. The supports I got seem to be working nicely. I still have a lump though, so I'm starting to wonder if I really might have a small cyst. Oh well. (Oh- there's been many questions as to why I was moving a couch. We were moving it across our study hall lobby to sit by the rest of our zone.)
The highlight of the week was our Tuesday devotional. Elder Ballard came, and guess what! He wrote a talk just for me! It was seriously wonderful and exactly what I needed to hear that night. He talked about the desires of our hearts and what we can accomplish when our desires are good and focused on the Lord. He also told us to deliver a message to our parents from the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve: Thanks for letting us be missionaries and supporting us. It really means a lot to them.
Visitor Center training has been incredible. The Spirit is really strong in our class, and I'm getting a better feel for what I've been called to do. My teachers are really great, and they've told me a lot of stuff I needed to hear. It's been rough too, though. Last night we had our first teaching appointment visitor-center style, and I got really freaked out. Tears might have been involved.
I wanted to add some of my testimony, but I'm out of time, so I'll have to write that later. Something to look forward to!
Last, but not least, happy Mother's Day on Sunday!
I love you all very much! Take care and know that I love you! (And God loves you too!)
Love,Nikki
May 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment