Jun 3, 2009
Dear family,Hi! Well, I just sent some pictures that hopefully you can see! I sent them to Mike too in case you can't load them.Well, not much to say this week. It's been kind of stormy. Okay, it was pretty stormy the last few days. Yesterday we were on tornado watch again and a couple nights ago President asked us to stay in our house and cancel evening plans because the weather was so bad. The next morning there was this thick fog over everything. I couldn't see very well- not because of low visibility but because the humidity in the fog was so thick I felt like I was trying to look up at the rain and was getting rain drops in my eyes. It was pretty cool.I think I officially count as a Nauvoo missionary now-- I got my first few chigger bites on Monday. We were painting a pickett fence and kneeling on the grass, so it was unevitable. Btw- painting a fence by the Mississippi-- thoughts of Tom Sawyer were quite abundant!Sunday night we had an icecream social with the young performing missionaries at President's house. It was fun to get to know them better. Fun fact-- playing "Do you love your neighbor" in skirts is very interesting. Great fact-- for once it wasn't me that experienced disaster. :) Okay, it wasn't too bad. It was mostly fun, and we got to eat icecream and enjoy good company.Also this last week we had a dinner appointment with Sister Mills, Sister Brimley's mom. It was a lot of fun.I've got an update on my foot for you. I talked to the mission doctor yesterday and he told me to stop taking aspirin and start soaking my foot for fifteen minutes a day. Why? Well, the joys of blood thinners is that you bruise easily. My legs are COVERED and I have no idea where all of the bruises came from-- it looks like I got beat up. Anyway, he also explained what a hemotoma is a little better, so it makes a lot more sense and I know better what I'm keeping my eye on. Who knew rearranging furniture could be so dangerous! I kind of want to tell the other sister about it, but I don't want her to feel bad.Okay-- luckily I was able to figure out how to open your email and read it, though it took a while to figure out. Thanks for the letters! I'll be writing back. (No worries-- I'll be excited to read the snail mail version if you've already sent it. Getting mail is still fun. I like having something to open.)To answer a few questions: Transfers mean we get a new companion and most likely have to change rooms because we need to sleep in the same room as our companion(s). It may also mean going to Carthage. I don't know who's house we live in because it's not in historic Nauvoo, though it is a restored old house. The P.O. Box is for letters and the other address is for packages. If you send letters to the other address I'll still get them, but I know they prefer sending letters to the P.O. Box. The things I'm learning! For right now all three signing sisters go when there's Deaf visitors because we're a companionship. After transfers that will change to one of us and our companion and in fact it will probably be organized so that one of us is always around for that, but I'm not sure exactly how that's going to work. I'll let you know though! Yes Sister Barry is still my companion. Transfers are in about another week and a half though. And yes, Tae, I like Harry Potter.Well, that's about it. I love you lots! Be safe and be good and be happy! Have a great week!Love,Sister Westwood
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment