Jun 10, 2009

Hi family!Well, another week! It's been a hefty week! I've learned a lot this week. We had zone conference Sunday night and had amazing talks by President and Sister Ludwig.This week I served in Carthage on Sunday, and I served in the Nauvoo Visitor Center, the print shop, and John Taylor's home. The print shop is a lot of fun-- did you know that the terms "upper case" and "lower case" letters come from print shops? They do-- there are cases that hold the print types and the capital letters go in the upper case. Fun little bit of trivial knowledge for you!Well, I got a disgusted look from a senior sister here yesterday. I hugged a really attractive young man good and hard right in front of her. The look melted away when I told her it was my brother. It's SO good to see Mike again! It's been really nice having Grandma and Grandpa and Mike here. It's been good for me, I think. This morning I went to the temple with the grandparents, and this evening we'll watch one of my favorite shows together and have dinner. Tomorrow we'll go to Carthage and I'll give everyone (including Mike's friend Katie) the Carthage tour. I'm really excited for that. P.S. Thanks so much for the book and for sending me my sweater!! I forgot that was in my closet-- I thought it was vacuum packed with everything else.As far as the work goes, this week was a little rough to start out with. I found out one of my referrals I worked with from the MTC got dropped, so that was a big bummer. I wonder what happened. (We have a new system where we can check back up on our referrals and track their progress.) There was another man I was supposed to talk to Monday, but that fell through. I'm not awfully worried about that though-- our schedules just really clash. I think once I can get him set up with the missionaries in his area, things will be better. The last few days have been nice. I don't think I told you this, but we didn't have planners for almost two weeks. They were on order for us, but we had to wait. I felt very lost without my planner. Very directionless. We got our planners this weekend, so we had a good planning session and set up some good goals. I'm amazed at how much more has been accomplished. I had a goal this week to get a self referral from somebody-- that's really scary for me and often hard to do. Well, that happened last night. She wasn't up for the missionaries, but she did want a Book of Mormon. There's my pitch for good planning and obedience (See Preach My Gospel chapter 9).Other than that, no big news. Transfers are this week. I'm sad to lose Sister Meyer. And I'm weirded out to lose Sister Barry-- she's been my companion this whole time, which is kind of unusual. I've got a feeling I'm going to Carthage, but we'll see what happens!Have a good week! I love you all very much!
Love,Sister Westwood

No comments: