Aug 31, 2009

Dear family,OHHH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MOOOOOORRRNING! OHHH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAAAY!!!! Can you hear me singing that at the top of my lungs, voice cracking and all? That's what I did this morning as I went walking with Sister Reece (one of the other young sisters here). It was followed by a rousing rendition of "I feel my Savior's love IN ALL THE WORLD around me." I even skipped a little bit. It really was a nice morning. I explored a road I have never gone down but always wanted to, and we walked down a rolling road with little meadows and deep trees on either side, all covered in mist. Some of the leaves are starting to change colors already, so I picked up a pretty red leaf off the ground and took it home to press and dry and put in my journal. It should be lovely. After that we got ready, Sister Bailey and I went and cleaned the van, and then we came here to email. Next stop is the temple, then a few errands, and then home again for chores and whatever letter writing we have time for. Then, it's off to teach the gospel!Today we're starting "Angels in the outfield," our field training here in Nauvoo. It will be something like the MTC again, but we do our normal work during the day and at night we go out and practice teaching lessons in the senior missionaries' homes, with Preach My Gospel training one night a week. We also have dinner appointments again. It's time for me to learn some portion control or I'm going to pack on weight! We'll also get the chance to teach with all the other young sisters here, because we'll be doing companionship exchanges almost every night. I'm excited to have this chance to learn from all the other sisters, especially the experienced sisters. Tonight I'll be teaching with Sister Brinkerhoff, who I really look up to. What a great way to start off! I'll be honest, I've found myself a little bit more stressed out lately and I'm feeling a lot of pressure, but at the same time I'm excited. Nervous and excited. Oh boy.Last night we went to the home of the Sandstroms (a great senior couple) after our zone meeting. He taught us how to make his mission famous popcorn balls and we had icecream, popcorn balls, and entertainment (compliments of Elder Sandstrom who is just naturally hilarious). We had a great time.Next week Sister Bailey and I are planning on going to Hannibal. This time we'll be going with the Henriksons (two of my favorite missionaries). It should be a fun labor day. It's the first trip Sister Bailey will make with a senior couple, and I'm excited to go out again and back to Hannibal!A few highlights from the last week:A bat in the Visitors Center! I have NO idea how or when it got in, but it was quite exciting. It was trying to get out for about twenty minutes and we had all the doors open and everybody was cheering it on (I'm sure the bat appreciated that) and eventually it was able to get out and then we *quick* shut all the doors. Sister Bailey got some good pictures and I'll try to get a good copy to send home.Wonderful teaching experiences! We've talked with so many people with prepared hearts this week, both in the sites and Visitors Center and on the referral calls we've made.A referral sent to Zambia! After a few challenges working without a postal code and figuring out which mission to contact, my new friend in Zambia is finally going to receive the missionaries she's been praying for. I called her mom here in the states and let her know everything was taken care of. I did pretty well at holding my emotions in until then, but I definitely cried out of joy while talking to her mom on the phone.Well, I've got to go now. I hope you are all doing well at home. I love you all very much. Remember that the Church is true and Heavenly Father loves you!Love,Sister Westwood

No comments: