Oct 1, 2009
Dear Family,Well hello again! I'm sorry to say, this will probably be kind of short because there is lots to do today and little time!It's been a nice week. It's been chilly and stormy, but I figure it just makes winter-clothing-packing decisions easier! Well, we know how I love these midwest thunder storms.It is definitely fall here, and it's very pretty! Lots of pretty colors coming out in the trees and crunchy leaves on the ground. I do still take some time to crunch them under my feet.Well, I'm getting ready to go to Montana! Thanks for the info passed on and the reminder about the Northern Lights. I actually hadn't thought about that part and now I'm extra excited for it! I have come to a point where I am thrilled to go and it's sinking in so it's starting to feel real. I'll admit, I'm still feeling timid about the cold weather, but I've heard some very good things about how it's manageable, so I think I'll quite enjoy it. The senior couples in Carthage have been telling me all about the pros of going to Montana since Saturday-- I guess it was very obvious at first that it wasn't what I was expecting. The more I learn about the people there and the state, the more I am happy to go no matter how cold it gets. I haven't arrived yet, but I already love all the people there (that kicked in when one of the elders was telling me about the oil refineries and the families there). (*I could be wrong, but I think there might even be a deaf program in Billings. I guess I'll find out later*) I know that I am in for some great experiences. God works in mysterious ways!I haven't received any sort of map or mission info-- I'll try to find one or copy somebody's when I get there. I did ask our mission secretary to look up my new mission address in the mission directories though.1848 Rimrock Rd.Billings, MT 59102It looks like my mission president will be President Larry H. Gardner.Here's a random thought. I was thinking this morning about what I was doing this time last year. I was just about getting my papers submitted, I think. Crazy how time flies!Well, I love you all. I hope you're having a great week. Not sure when my next preparation day will be, but I'll write again then!Love,Sister WestwoodP.S. Here's a funny or two:1) I thought there were about five towns in Montana, around the border of Yellowstone, and that the rest of the state was Yellowstone. Funny twelve year old memory...2) The other day I was quite startled by a medium size animal that jumped up in the grass and hit my leg as I was walking. I screemed and then turned around to see what it was... a bunny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment