Nov 16, 2009
Dear family,It has been a great week! Sorry for this email being a little short, but I'll give you a few highlights!Friday we had zone conference. It was a long day! We traveled to an area about 80 miles away and we left at six in the morning. We didn't leave to come back until six in the evening when all was said and done! It was good though! I learned a lot and it's always nice to meet with President and Sister Gardner.I sang in a small group and also sang a duet of "Come Thou Fount" with an elder who sings amazingly and an amazing accompaniest. It turned out really well and I was glad to take part in it-- I felt the spirit so strongly.This week we started teaching a new couple. During the first lesson my companion and I both felt very strongly that we should invite them to be baptized. He is still trying to decide, and she immediately accepted. Yesterday we met with them again and she set the date-- December 25th! Merry Christmas! I can't think of any better way to spend the celebration of Christ's birth than to celebrate with somebody making baptismal covenants with God. This is the very reason why Christ came-- so that we can become clean and return to our Heavenly Father! They have both been so prepared, and I feel so blessed to be one of the instruments through which God works to bring them into His church.Well, I need to go, but I hope you all have a great week! I love you very much!Love,Sister Westwood
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment