The people Nikki lives with were out of town last week, so she and sister Hodes were home alone. "We locked up real well and everything. Well, somehow Thanksgiving night when we got home the door made a funny rattling noise when she [Sister Hodes] was unlocking it, and it sounded like somebody knocked on the inside of the door and then tried to open it from the inside. She made a funny little gasp (I think of frustration), but I thought it was of fear. So I screamed bloody murder. So she thought I saw something and SHE screamed bloody murder. [I wonder if they have neighbors.] Which made me think that SHE saw something so I turned to run. And she saw me run so she turned to run. She made it across the entire front yard in about two steps. I made it about two steps (not very far because I tripped on the front steps/my feet/my bags) and ended up on the ground. My bag went one way and my scriptures went another way, and the pie plate of a variety of pie slices that I was holding went up in the air and back down on the sidewalk. Sister Hodes' stuff also went all over the yard, and the bag of left overs she had went clear across the driveway and landed under the car. About this time I'm looking up at the porch waiting for the bad guy to come get me and so I'm still screaming, and Sister Hodes realizes nothing was going on and started to laugh. So then I get up and realize nothing is going on and I start to cry because I felt like an idiot. It was all very funny in hindsight. I only had minor bruising and a slightly twisted ankle." Yup, that's our Nikki.
In other news, their baptism is still scheduled except moved to the 19th and they have two other people who want to get baptized and they're trying to work out a date for that.
Nov 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment