Dear Family,
The weather has been kind of yucky again this week. Cold, snow here and there, and lots of wind. Some sort of flu has been going around, too. I was a little sick a couple days ago, but I'm holding my own.
Things are going pretty well with Sister Baird. We had a nice companionship inventory the other day in which we poured out our souls and came to better understandings of the way we each think. Our weaknesses are similar, but different enough that I think we can both grow and overcome them together. I really love her.
Want to hear a miracle that happened this week?? Well, one fateful night in December (the night of the Cowley town Christmas party), I lost my name tag off my coat. We looked all over and even went to the houses we'd taught at since I knew I had last had it, but we didn't find it. I was very sad, particularly because it was the very first name tag I EVER wore (that's right - the one my mom put on me; the one with the orange dork dot). We looked several times over the next couple weeks, and I eventually gave up and ordered a new tag for my coat. Well, all this time later, a miracle happened! Sister Hodes called me this last week and said when I answered, "Who's the best companion ever?" I said, "You are!" And she said, "We found your name tag! Well, a member found your name tag, but we're going to send it to you!" I was very excited. The member was walking their dog around the park that morning, and looked down, and there it was! I have no idea how it got over there! It is a nice tender mercy. I got it in the mail, and it's even still in pretty good shape. The clip on the back is broken, but that's okay because I'm going to put it in my scrapbook I think. Anyway, there's some exciting news for you.
This week was exciting. We had a WONDERFUL zone conference. We learned a lot about how we can improve our missionary efforts and see more success. We've already seen miracles in our mission from applying the principles. It's very great! Also, despite a day spent at zone conference and the flu, Sister Baird and I were able to meet almost all of our goals this week. We were very happy about that.
And last, but certainly not least, we had a baptism this weekend. And he and his wife got two callings on Sunday. I'm so pleased! The baptism was great. We had two musical numbers (I sang one) and the talks were good (his wife spoke and that was amazing since she was completely inactive when we first started teaching them; and she did a great job and made me cry.) and it didn't seem too long even though it was an hour and ten minutes. He had invited a bunch of nonmember family and friends, and many of them came and felt the Spirit there. It was great. And the best sight ever was to see him in his white jumpsuit! I love the joy that comes with this work! Those moments make the hard moments totally worth it.
Well, we have a busy day ahead of us! I'd better go. I love you all very much. Have a good week! Be safe and enjoy your tender mercies!
Love,
Sister Westwood
Mar 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment