Mar 2, 2010

"The baptism was nice. The Spirit was strong, and it was very touching because he's been waiting for so long. We had a good ward turnout, too.
Our fireside was awesome! The Spirit was strong, and I know many people were touched. There were lots of tears. I guess my talk and song went really well-- that's what I hear. I was really scared. Elder Morris gave me a pep talk Saturday, and I got a blessing beforehand on Sunday. That helped a lot. I just decided I wanted it to convey the Spirit, and I wouldn't worry about how I sounded. So then I was only a little scared, and I was able to sing out, even though my voice was shaky at a few parts. There were tons of people there-- it was filled clear back into the gym. The Rowans came, and Brother Mangus (a less active) came, so I was happy to see them there.
Well, I hope you have a good week! I will have more updates for you next Monday! I love you very much!
Love,
Sister Westwood
P.S. This week is my ONE YEAR MARK!"

1 comment:

Michele said...

Congratulations! I've loved following your missionary blog and think of you often.