Mar 29, 2010

Dear Family,
I am looking forward to conference and Easter. I keep forgetting it's also Easter this weekend,a nd just keep getting excited for conference! We'll be talking a lot about Easter this week, so maybe it will help me remember. (Random thought, but it was about this time last year that my foot got run over by that couch! Ha Ha.)

One of our investigator's water heater stopped working yesterday morning and they didn't think they could come to church. Well, long story short, prayers work and miracles happen. Their water heater started working again, and they showed up right at the end of the sacrament and were able to stay for all three meetings. It was REALLY good. They were both really excited that they were able to make it, and they loved church. The members were great and very welcoming too. I loved her response later: "Don't take this the wrong way, but I am surprised that something so boring can be so GOOD! It was a huge blessing to have them both come, stay, and love it. It was cute too: I was trying to convince their seven year old son to be cooperative and go happily to primary, and he just didn't want to have anything to do with it. Well, there's a little girl that is his friend (they basically have crushes on each other), and her mom brought her over to invite him to primary. Well, he was suddenly very enthusiastic to go and she almost couldn't finish her sentence! It was very precious.

Also, we had our ward correlation meeting this week, and our ward leaders just came together to do everything they could to help on of our families. Fast offerings are still waiting to come into effect, and a couple members put together thier own box of food and took it over yesterday. I am just SO grateful to our ward. I am overwhelmed emotionally. And I am also very grateful because we have been working very hard this transfer to mend past hurts between many of our ward members and the missionaries. One family offered to help us with some other things yesterday, and that just meant the world to me. That was another rewarding miracle I saw this week.

A few more things of interest. For the second time in this mission, I got peed on by somebody's dog. It's not really imporstant, but it's worth a chuckle.
This week we had a big funny happen. We went over to an investigator's with great plans to share Johnny lingo with her. Well, Sister Denning said we have Johnny Lingo, so we grabbed the disc that morning and went all prepared. We had really built it up, so imagine our surprise (and my mortification) when the Monad ward youth's Johnny Lingo reinactment started playing and there was Brother Homer on the screen. (Of course, I was a little slow catching on -- Sister Baird said, "Monad YW and YM? And I thought she had misread some Hawaiian name and then thought, "This was made by YW and YM? I thought it was done by BYU. . .") It was really funny and we laughed about it for the rest of the night. Johnny Lingo has been postponed for a bit. LOL

Finally, we got a call from President last night. Wednesday we will become a trio for the rest of my time here. A temple square sister is leaving and so they need to spread out a companionship. So, they are closing Three Forks and sending one sister to take the place of the departing sister, and sending her companion her for a trio and then she'll be replacing me. So, our new companion is Sister Sloan. I don't remember if I told you about her, but she is also a temple square sister -- she stayed with us when she first got here about a month or so ago. I liked her pretty well, so I think it'll work out okay. This will be my fourth trio.

Okay, well, I love you. Have a great week. Happy conference and happy Easter!
Love,
Sister Westwood

No comments: