Jul 14, 2010

Dear Family,
It has definitely been a good mix of pouring rain and heat here lately. It pours, and then it sits so it gets really humid. Last week it rained a lot. At the beginning of the week both of my pairs of shoes ended up soggy. Today at Walmart I bought some cheep flats to wear in the rain. Oh, the stories I get to tell! I tell ya' what-- you haven't seen a real rain storm until you've been in one here!
I LOVE PAGEANT!!! Nauvoo already has a unique feeling to it, but the Pageant adds to it. My roomie, Michelle, is here to help with Pageant for a couple of weeks. I had no idea she was coming, so I was surprised and very excited to see her. Also, there is a pipe band here for Pageant; lots of them are people I know from Payson, including Mr. Smith (the math teacher) and wife, and Christina Metz. Sister Barry and I interpreted Tuesday night. I enjoyed it. (Side note, but all the ASL sisters are doing really well.)
I've had the opportunity to talk with some very neat people this week. I talked to a couple the other night at Pageant who reminded me a little of the Kellys. We talked for quite a while. It was neat to visit with them and answer questions they had about the Temple, etc. I also met a really neat young man at Carthage. He was in a serious accident when he was 11 and has significant brain damage, but he still has quite the personality and a truly good spirit. He can't speak, but he could sign a little and communicate with gestures. I talked with him and his grandma for a little while. I wrote a lot about them in my journal-- if I remember I'll tell you more about it in person. But it was a sweet experience that I'm glad I was able to have."

No comments: