Dear Family,
What a week! Let me share some highlights.
I don't remember if I told you or not, but last week we had a visit from Ann Madsen (Truman Madsen's wife). She was amazing and talked about Isaiah and a lot of other really neat things. We also had a visit from Elder Clark (a Seventy and also President of BYU Idaho), and he spoke to us. The icing on the cake for me was a visit from Bishop McMullin (Presiding Bishopric). Not only is he great to listen to in General Conference--he is inspirational outside of Conference, too! We got to hear from him several times this week, and I think every word was tailored to me. He talked a lot about why we are here in Nauvoo as missionaries. That meant a lot to me. I will expand in a bit. I've felt the approaching end to my mission weighing kind of heavy--I just can't believe it's so close! Well, a lot of what he said came in answer to prayer for help with those feelings and thoughts. I am ready to sprint across the finish line and then face what's after when it's time.
The performing missionaries also gave a wonderful fireside on Sunday. I was able to get some answers and upliftment from them as well.
This weekend I had the rare opportunity to come into Nauvoo and serve in a site. It was so nice! It was very busy, but I got to serve with some great seniors AND wear my pioneer dress! The rest of the week was full of great tour experiences as well.
Ack! I'm running out of time! A short sum up for the rest of it.
I got to take part of the Utah Valley Children's Choir through Carthage. It was a WONDERFUL experience.
I will have to tell you whyI am here in Nauvoo at a later date.
Today we went and saw a few things I hadn't seen yet. I also got to go to Lands and Records to look up ancestor info. Thanks to all who gave me names! It was a neat experience for me that really added to my love for this place and for my ancestors.
I need to go now. I hope that you have a great week! I'm sorry this was so scattered! I love you lots! Be safe. Make good choices!
Love,
Sister Westwood
Jul 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment