Jul 6, 2010

Dear Family,
I got to see some fireworks driving from Nauvoo to Carthage over the weekend. That was fun. We've had an enjoyable weekend in Carthage. For dinner on Saturday night we had a short barbecue and pasta salad and cake decorated like the flag. We aren't allowed fireworks or sparklers or anything like that, so we each let off one of those popper things where you pull the string on the bottom and paper streamers pop out of the top.

As far as the Lord's work goes, it's been pretty busy here. Call center, Carthage tours, ASL coordinating and prep for Pageant, and Pageant training. One thing I can say for this week is that I have met several people that I know I needed to meet, and maybe I was the missionary for them. That's always neat.

Tonight is the first real night of Pageant. Last night was the dress rehearsal. All the young sisters were going to watch it. Sister Barry and I were going to interpret it for a deaf couple that came this weekend. Well, we ended up having a heavy rainstorm, and it kept getting pushed back. We ended up going home. I haven't heard yet if the dress rehearsal happened or not. And if it did, if the other ASL sisters ended up interpreting it or not. Anyway, it was fun--we were trying to get the lighting fixed for interpreting, and so I got completely drenched. Today I brought my umbrella, just in case.

Well, that's about it for this week. I hope you all have a great and safe week.
Oh, it's transfers again this weekend.

Love,
Sister Westwood

No comments: