Aug 5, 2010

"First, yesterday we had a special combined preparation day as second-summer sisters. President and Sister Ludwig took us to Springfield! (Thus the late email-- we have an opportunity to email shortly on a normal day.) We went to a museum all about Abraham Lincoln, the old Capital building that Lincoln worked in, and Lincoln's tomb. It was very neat! We also made a stop at a candy store (the chocolates kind) and I saw a bunch of shoes made of chocolate. I took some pictures.
Second, Elder Anderson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles was in Nauvoo last week. We had a morning meeting with him on Thursday morning as a mission and another meeting that evening as those involved with Pageant. We had a question and answer opportunity, and I asked him a question. He answered me with great eye contact and a good, spiritually directed answer. It was neat. Early Friday morning we had another meeting in the Ludwig's home as young missionaries with Elder Anderson. However, I was not feeling well and as I showered I felt like I should stay home. The thought that came to my mind was, 'I am called to serve, not to meet apostles; and right now I feel too sick to serve.' So I didn't go. It was really hard to miss that great opportunity, but at the same time I felt/feel very peaceful with my decision, so I feel good about it. I felt fulfilled with my wonderful Thursday morning experience, and I am confident I will have other great opportunities in the future. Ironically, Friday morning (from what I hear) he talked a lot about how we make decisions and have to take risks. How fitting."

No comments: