"What do you get when you mix Lincoln, an apostle, mono, and the end of Pageant? A very interesting week...
Well, first, let me tell you I have had some really great experiences this week. I've been privileged to have some very spiritual tours and to have some small part in seeing them touch the lives of others. This week I have just felt so grateful to be a missionary and have felt so at peace and happy with the experiences I'm having. I had one really unique experience on Sunday in Nauvoo-- I was able to give a tour to a woman who wants to get baptized (in September), but hadn't been able to get in touch with the missionaries in her area yet. We talked a bit about the Word of Wisdom and I just bore my testimony that God will help her in doing what's right. Yesterday I got a letter from her telling me that the missionaries were meeting with her (yesterday). She also invited me to her baptism (which I probably can't go to because of school-- but it meant a lot to me), and said she wants to get baptized in Nauvoo since this has been where she became converted (she's been coming for a couple years). It was neat, because we seldom get to hear about stories like that.
Well, on to the exciting bits of news that make up this email's subject line."
Aug 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment