Aug 4, 2009
Dear family,Hello again!Pageant is over. And of course I'm experiencing something like the end of semester crash-- I've been hit with some sort of virus I'm guessing and I've got the head and throat gunk. I'm going to try to get some good rest today and hopefully it won't knock me out too much.I've had a pretty good week. Sister Morgan and I have had lots of bonding moments and that's been really nice. I feel like we've gotten a lot closer. We even got to serve on site together a few times this week-- which is really nice because typically on sites I've served with Senior Sisters.Vocal Point (a really good acapella group from BYU) is here this week and next and so that should be fun and will bring people (locals especially). My friend Scott (from Natalie and Kate's group of friends originally if that helps) is in Vocal Point, but I haven't seen him yet.Pageant finished off nicely. There was a really neat spirit here with Pageant that affected everyone here. I only had a few really bad chigger attacks over the month, which is VERY lucky. (Lots of the sisters have some pretty bad bites. I learned the places not to stand and dodged my way around the chigger colonies as best as I could.) Also we got to interpret a couple more times.I've been learning a lot about faith and about the Gospel plan lately. As we live the Gospel of Jesus Christ, we become gradually more perfected. And it's a process: Faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end (which includes a cycle of faith and repentance and striving to be obedient to all God asks us to do). As we exercise faith in Christ, we desire to repent and follow Him, and we allow Him to work His power and His Atonement in our lives. This is the quest that God invites us each to take-- the outline for our life on earth. The only way to know the joy of the Gospel is to "experiment on the word" and try out obedience and faith for ourselves-- experience ourselves the goodness and the feelings of joy and peace that come from following Christ and living His Gospel. And every little effort we make to exercise faith and obey God brings us a little closer to Christ and He accepts every effort we make. That is the beauty of the Atonement. As we strive to live according to the Gospel plan, Christ makes up for our shortcomings and helps us on the way. The Gospel is so simple; it's all outlined for us. And it's most definitely true.I love being a missionary. It's exhausting, but it's a joyful exhaustion.I hope all is well at home. I love you all and pray for you constantly.Love,Sister WestwoodP.S. Congrats to Joelle and Ryan!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment