Aug 11, 2009
Dear Family,This week has really not been the most eventful. I woke up completely miserable Wednesday-- my sinuses all hurt, even down into my neck, and I couldn't breathe. I ended up going back to bed and checking in with Sister Ludwig periodically but always going back to bed. So I slept Tuesday night, all day Wednesday, and all Wednesday night. Thursday I got up and went to the Visitor Center to serve, where I ended up with a fever and so I went to bed early that night. We had an early event Friday morning (6:45 am early) and so I got up and went to that and got sent home pretty much immediately because I still had a fever. And I was banished. I was supposed to serve in a site on Friday, but Sister Ludwig said she didn't want me near the senior missionaries and I needed to go home and get better. So I slept Thursday night, all day Friday, and all Friday night. I did get up to move my muscles Friday evening and my companion and I went for a short stroll; and then when the other sisters got home one of them spied a tree frog on our door, so me and two other sisters caught a couple tree frogs and took pictures before I went back to bed (no worries- I washed my hands first). (Oh, btw, I'll send some frog pictures home.) Saturday I went and served in the visitor center and just kept my distance from anyone vulnerable. Kind of frustrating to sleep so much as a missionary, but it was probably best.In other weekend news, the BYU group VocalPoint is here and so Sister Morgan and I saw a performance Saturday night and then a Fireside they did Sunday night. We also had an icecream social with them at the Ludwig's home where they (VocalPoint, not the Ludwigs) sang a few numbers for us and I saw my friend Scott.I'm feeling quite a bit better now. Now I'm down to cold symptoms instead of flu symptoms. Yesterday I served in the Cultural Hall and still kept my distance from the senior sisters. It was nice for me to serve there this week because I was able to see one of my favorite plays (peformed there during the day) one last time before the performing missionaries leave. (It's a children's show complete with puppets, song and dance, and a "you are special" message.) Earlier today Sister Morgan and I went to Fort Madison for lunch at Ivy's, which is a really yummy little cafe across the river. I went once with Sister Patterson and it was amazing. They have a rhubarb cake there, so guess what I got for dessert both times. :) Ah, tender mercies!I did have good studies this week. I'm really coming to love the Gospel more and more every day. Today I was reading in John 17-- the intercessory prayer. What Christ has done for us is amazing. And all He asks on our part is to follow Him-- faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and living God's commandments (those things, by the way, are also really blessings for us). And when we mess up, there's a plan for that too! We can always repent. The Gospel is so simple. What a GREAT blessing!Well, I hope you have a great week! Thanks for your letters! I love and miss you.Love,Sister WestwoodP.S. Transfers will be next week, so next email we'll know all the who, where, and whens (pday) for the next month.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment