Dec 21, 2009

"But! We’ve also had great things happen this week! Christmas is not only about the love and service and presents we give; more importantly it’s about the love and service and life that Christ has given so that we can return to God’s presence again. I like what is says at the end of “Mr. Kreuger’s Christmas.” “I love you. That’s what Christmas is all about. Clarissa said it to Mr. Kreuger. Mr. Kreuger said it to Jesus. And Jesus, in so many ways, has said it to us.” Well, the spirit of Christmas, or rather, the spirit of Christ, has come—it has come without packages, ribbons, boxes, or bags.
One of our investigators had her interview and all is set for her baptism next week, and another investigator will have her interview in a couple days. This week we spent a lot of time with our sweet older lady friend trying to cheer her up. The other night we taught her how to play Yahtzee. She told us she loves us, and that was just the sweetest thing ever. It is good for the soul to know you are loved, and I think that is something that she and we were all able to feel.
And we had our baptism Saturday! It was really nice. We had several ward members there to support and welcome her, and there were also a few other people we’ve been teaching that came. I was pretty excited. I might have jumped up and down a few times. The talks were really good, and Sister Jones (stake missionary) and I sang “Walk Tall, You’re a Daughter of God” for the musical number.
Anyway, it’s been a good week. I hope you are all getting excited for the holidays and are enjoying the special spirit that is here at Christmas time.
I love you all! Happy Christmas!
Love, Sister Westwood"

No comments: