Dec 14, 2009

I'm having trouble getting emails into blogger, so this is coming in two posts. Make sure you read them both.

"Dear Family,
Lots has happened this week!

Well, like whenever anything big and good happens, we’ve had our share of opposition this week. The older lady we love had a heart attack. The person that brings her meals was there at the right time. I’m really glad I didn’t have to witness that sort of trauma—it was bad enough getting the news. We’ve been visiting her in the hospital, and she’s improving nicely.
The lady that's scheduled for baptism has discovered that their sewage line was put in poorly. Of course, the week before her baptism, the sewage is backed up into the house and causing a lot of grief. She’s a good sport though; she recognizes that Satan is trying to upset the plan.
On the bright side, she had her interview this week and she passed. She is so very strong in her testimony and truly converted. We got two new investigators this week, and that’s good.
A few other fun things: We also have had problems with a leaky tire this week, but that should get fixed in just a few days. This week, the temperature has made it clear down to -25 degrees Fahrenheit in the morning, but by the time we finished study I think the lowest we were out in was about -15, not counting wind chill. The highest was one day when it got to about 30 degrees. I never I thought I’d say that’s warm, but that’s warm!! Also, I got my hair cut/trimmed this week."

No comments: