Dear Family,
I'm glad to hear Easter and Conference were good! I did much better this time than the last couple. I was very happy. And I didn't have real conference treats, but Elder Mortenson had jelly beans in his bag, so we snuck some of those (I watched 3 sessions at the stake center -- that was fun). I got to watch it all and I stayed awake for all of it (that's a big deal considering I run, run, run all the time and then I sat for 8 hours and relaxed). I really enjoyed conference. Did you see a running theme? I sure did! It made me want to be awesome and make sure my future husband is awesome because to be awesome parents we need to be righteous people. I also thought it was fascinating that the mothers and women were so directly addressed on the topic. That doesn't normally happen I think. I think another theme was finding hope and peace. Anyway, I found this time that my big conference hope was to have the talks be just what investigators, recent converts, and less actives needed. I was pretty happy with the talks because I received lots of answers for teaching and I know that some of the talks directly adressed concerns of those we teach. A few of those that stick out in my mind: Elder Ballard's, Wilford W. Anderson's about finding peace and hope, President Eyring's (It was a great talk, AND I had an epiphany about Personal Progress and young womens --"we will be prepared to make and keep sacred covenants" -- the pattern of the program is that of covenant making and keeping), Elder Perry's comment about adding another layer of insulation to protect families from Satan, President Uchtdorf's "You are my hands", Donald L. Holstrom's, Elder Nelson's (I'm way excited about the family history updates -- I like that he said we're working on one big family pedigree chart), Bradley D. Foster's (he's the one that talked about the cows in Montana), Elder Anderson's about stories of Jesus, and basically all of conference was really good. I also really enjoyed listening to President Monson. Even though his story was sad, it had a good message. I found it very relevant. Conference flew by though! Things in our trio are going well. I am a little worried about how Sister Baird is doing with it, because she struggles feeling accepted anyway. But we are enjoying ourselves and I am having a happy trio experience. It's also fun to have another visitor center sister here. Sometimes we talk about Sister Storer. It's fun -- she told me she convinced Sister Storer to go to DI and she bought a couple skirts there. So a little about Sister Sloan -- she's from Connecticut, went to BYU-Idaho for two years and then graduated from BYU-Hawaii in biology, and I'll send you a picture hopefully this week.
The weather last week was spastic, but this week it's been pretty good so we went outside for exercise Saturday and this morning. It's been nice.
I go back to Nauvoo in 9 days -- on the 14th. I can't believe it's already that time. I just got here! Last night we had a sing-along at the mission home, and another elder who's going home picked "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go." It made me cry. God really knows what is best for us. He wanted me to come to Montana, even though I wasn't very excited about it. Now I can't imagine not coming here. I LOVE this mission. I am sad to leave it. I am glad I can at least come back to visit, but it will never be the same because I won't be a missionary here. This has been an amazing experience. I KNOW this is where I needed to come. I needed to serve and teach here. I just can't even express the love I have for these people and this mission, and so now I'm sitting here tearing up while I type because that's about all I can do to express it. So, that song has a new meaning to me. There's a reason to go where God wants us to go. I'm glad I came here. I'm greateful He didn't give me what I thought I wanted. I will never be the same. And now I will apply "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go" to going back to Nauvoo.
I love this work with all my heart. Theis is the best thing I have ever done and I am so grateful to be called to serve. I know this is God's Church -- His kingdom on the earth. We are seeking to prepare the world for Christ to come and reign personally. We are gathering His children. We are to be "His hands."
I love you all and hope you have a great week. I will be working my tail off to make the most of this last full week in Billings. Stay strong, happy, safe, and righteous!
Love,
Sister Westwood
Apr 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment