Dear Family,
I had a cute tour this week. I asked a little girl (age 4) if she has a testimony of the Book of Mormon. She said, "No," and then turned a bit toward her parents and said, "but my mommy does!" I told her she has a good mommy and I'm very happy she knows her mommy has a testimony. It was cute.
I had a funny fire alarm experience this week, too. One of our fire alarms has been beeping at the Carthage visitors' center. Well, one of the senior elders tried to change the battery in it, but it's more complicated than that. So it made the whole system go off, including the really fancy one that contacts the Church, and hence the fire truck came and the firemen helped us with the alarm wearing all their fireman gear. It was pretty adventurous.
Well, Sunday was our sociable (the musical fireside we do as YSMs). The actual performances went really well, though the surrounding stresses were a bit overwhelming. Anyway, it went well. The Spirit there was great. We had a lot of neat miracles happen leading up to it as well. It was all about how thhe Book of Mormon testifies of Christ.
Well, are you ready for the big new? I have an official release date. It's August 20. You all can put it on the calendar and start excitedly counting down. I'm gonna try to not think about it (I don't want to end trunky). I can't believe how fast this has all gone! Do you want to hear something crazy? I have less time left on my mission now than I spent in the MTC! I can't believe it--it's weird!
I'm loving the Carthage experience! It's made for a lot of driving back and forth to Nauvoo and some late nights and early mornings (I'm super tired), but it's been so nice. Also, I really love my companion. I feel like our relationship is comparatively close to that which I had with Sister Hodes (if that gives you any idea). It's been really nice.
Well, I love you lots and hope you have a great week. Be safe and take care! Make good choices!
Love,
Sister Westwood
Jun 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment