Jun 9, 2010

"Dear family,
Well, it's been quite the week! Last week a family came in which both parents are deaf. Then the day they left, another deaf couple arrived! I was pretty shocked that we had two deaf couples in the same week. We had some great spiritual experiences together. We've also done A LOT of interpreting this week. Between the four of us ASL sisters, we've interpreted all of the current plays (one of them twice), several sites and wagon/carriage rides, and given several tours in sign. It's been great to be around deaf people again! I've missed it! I feel like I'm picking up on the language better again, too. I was also kept pretty busy with coordinating and rescheduling. It's a lot more than I expected, but I am enjoying it and learning a lot. I've also really enjoyed serving the other ASL sisters here. I'm learning a lot from them-- hopefully we are all learning a lot.
Other than that, things are going well. I'm continually learning and growing from my training experience. I think Sister Hamano is doing great and continually improving. We continue to build a stronger relationship.
Well, I'm sorry for the short email, but it's time to go. I would like to make a quick request: would anyone who has any of my family genealogy of ancestors here in Nauvoo PLEASE send me an email or letter with their names, birthdays, etc. so that I can go to the Lands and Records Office and find all the info I can about my heritage here in Nauvoo? (That includes Wilson ancestry names!) That would mean so much to me! Thanks!
Well, I love you much! Have a great week! I'll write again soon! (P.S. It's transfer week again.)
Love,
Sister Westwood"

No comments: