Feb 15, 2010

"Brother Homer's parents are visiting this week. They are funny. Last night the senior Sister Homer gave us money and said, 'For Valentines Day. And also I like the missionaries.' It was very nice of her.
I have some very disappointing news. I fear I have let you parentals down. Saturday we started to help an investigator build a room in their basement. Elder Hopkins said, 'Sister Westwood, are you going to watch the kids or work?' I said, 'I'm going to work, why?' He said, 'I don't see you as the physical working type.' I don't know what that meant-- maybe I seem too delicate or something, but I was a little hurt. I thought, 'If only you knew!' Maybe it's cuz I don't have any muscles left... I tried to slip in little proofs about my hardware and wood know-how and I took over a few little jobs (I got to flick the string to make a chalk line, hold the measuring tape, carry a few boards, and hammer a nail), but eventually I gave up and figured they just weren't gonna trust me with much. I think they let Rory do more with her fuzzy pink hammer than I'll get to do on this project... *sigh*
I'm getting some sort of bug, so I'm really tired and my throat and body hurts. I think I might sleep all day today instead of playing or writing many letters. Oh, last week I made a basket. I was very excited and proud of myself, and some of the elders cheered for me. It was a big deal. I am not good at basketball."

No comments: