"Dear Family,
It's been quite the week! The weather has been frightful. Some of the days have been hard. But I've survived!
This week we had zone conference. We had two LDS Family Services counselors come and speak to us. Most of zone conference was about having companionship unity-- aka getting along with your companion. It was good, but I got pretty emotional throughout. I sang a solo that surprisingly scared me (I think because I was losing my voice) and gave a little talk on the article 'Parables of the Mountain Guide and the Mountain' from January's Ensign. I really liked that article.
Here's a funny. Our cars get checked for cleanliness and care at zone conferences. Well, the night before our conference, we started the stop smoking program with a lady in the ward. Part of this program includes getting rid of the things that remind a person of smoking and all of their smoking supplies, as well as not drinking coffee for the week. Usually we leave with some ash trays or something, and they destroy their cigarettes during the lesson. Well, this lady rolls her own cigarettes. So, we left there with a coffee maker, coffee grinds, coffee filters, an ash vase, a bag of raw tobacco, a cigarette roller, nicotine (sp?) patches, and a few other things and put it all in the trunk. We forgot that we'd put it there until we got to zone conference. Now, imagine us giving a warning and explanation for all the stuff we had in our trunk! I was laughing about that all day Thursday."
Feb 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment