"Despite the challenges, it's been a good week. The baptism and confirmation wen really well. He is so excited. It means a lot to him to be a member of the Church. He's also excited to work toward receiving the Priesthood. The Bishop talked to him about passing the sacrament, and he is looking forward to 'sharing in that responsibility.' Experiences like these are such blessings because I see what I wanted for my mission-- others to have the blessings of the gospel I cherish and to have the great joy of those blessings. I love seeing the appreciation and awe of new converts. It is so special.
One family we've worked with for a long time came to part of church for the first time yesterday. I was SO excited to see them there! (I met them when I first got to this mission.) We're starting to see some miracles with them. Another family also came to Sacrament Meeting (a big deal-- they usually just come to sunday school). And the family we started teaching last week went to church in another ward (with family). It was a great Sunday!
Things are going really well with the new family we're teaching. They are just starving for the Gospel and the Spirit is so strong in their lessons. They want to go to the Temple and are working toward that goal. It's amazing to watch the message of the restored Gospel bless others' lives. This is the best feeling ever.
I hope things are going well for you all at home. You are in my prayers. I love you very much!
Love,
Sister Westwood"
Feb 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment