Apr 12, 2010

Dear Mom and others,
I don't have a ton of time to write today. The Homers are taking us to Red Lodge (about an hour away) for lunch, and we've all been taking turns on their computer. So I'll just give you a few updates:
One of our investigators tried to bake a cake and made her own icing. The icing was disgusting, but she tried. She said, "I'm trying to be artsy fartsy -- Mormons are artsy fartsy" or something like that. Her family came to church again yesterday. I'm excited for them.
A less active man we work with came to church yesterday, too. He promised me he would for my last Sunday. I was excited.
We set another baptismal date this week.
We found another innvestigator this week. We were tracting and a college student let us in. We shared the first vision with her and she cried. We haven't taught her again yet. Also, one of our investigators we found last week tried to drop us at the beginning of our second lesson. She let us share our lesson still, the Spirit was there, and we have another appointment for tomorrow.
We went to another investigator's church on Saturday. It was very different, but cool. It was fun. We didn't get to stay for the sermon though because the time got mixed up. We just stayed for the band and prayer and such at the beginning.
This week we had to park our car. Our car share went over on miles and the whole zone suffered. It was frustrating because our companionship has tried really hard to be wise with our miles, but we still went over as a car. Despite the opposition the last half of the week, we still had an AMAZING week. We worked our tails off and taught 26 lessons. Our goal was 35 (mostly because I wanted to really push it this last week), but we are all very excited we broke 25 (and more than half of that was investigators --not recent converts or less actives).
We also helped the other Billings Zone with a fireside last night. We sang "I Am a Child of God."
Well, we have to go now so I'll just say a few more things. I've randomly burst into tears a few times over the last few days. I'm really sad to leave. But, I suppose God wants me back in Nauvoo now.
The trio is awesome still. Sister Baird is helping me pack -- actyually she's pretty much doing all of it. She loves packing and I hate packing, so it works out.
I hope you all have a great week! I love you!
Love,
Sister Westwood

No comments: