Apr 28, 2010

"Monday night I got a call from President telling me I was getting transferred to Nauvoo the next day! That was a shocker! Sister Lukens (the returning sister) and two new sisters came in yesterday. Sister Bailey is training one of the new sisters, and I am now Sister Lukens' companion here in Nauvoo! (Thus the temporary preparation day on Wednesday.) It was a crazy 20 or so hours! Quick and pack the just-barely unpacked, serve at Carthage, move to Nauvoo and quick unpack again, meet up with my new companion, more meetings. Phew! What an adventure! Ha ha! I've learned sometimes all you can do is laugh! Some of these things are great reminders that God is in charge-- no one else would've come up with this AND make it work!
I'm excited to be companions with Sister Lukens. I've really come to love having companions-- each companion is different.
Two funny things: Just a minute before President called, I had been praying for greater trust that the things our inspired leaders ask us to do are those things that God asks us to do (a random desire that came of studying pride). Sometimes God gives us immediate answers and opportunities! The other thing is that I reviewed the lessons I learned last summer, one of which was to be patient with and accepting of frequent and/or sudden change. I guess I needed a refresher course!
Well, that's the big news of the week! Didn't see that coming, did you!?
I hope you all have a great week. As always, I will be praying for you!
I love you lots!
Love,
Sister Westwood"

No comments: