Well, I've arrived safely in Nauvoo. Can I just say it is bloomin' hot??? I guess I got acclimated to the Montana weather. I picked out a very lightweight pioneer dress today. Cool is my new priority.
Anyway, my flight was fine. I got a little airsick both legs though. I flew into Minneapolis (it was hot and humid there, too), and sat by a really nice lady on the flight there. We had a great talk throughout and she agreed to look at general conference online (it came up nicely--we were talking about teaching children). Then I got on a transfer flight to St. Louis. I was sitting in the airport by myself , relieved I'd managed to find my gate (with some help), and I looked up and thought, "Hey, I know that suit. . . " So I went up and greeted Sister Bailey and we were able to be on the same flight. That was nice. Anyway, we weren't able to sit by each other, and there were a lot of people on the flight going to an archeology conference together, so I didn't really get to talk to my seat buddy. I read for a little bit and then just closed my eyes because I felt queasy. It was a short leg anyway, so it was okay.
When we go to the airport we were the last two to arrive. So we're walking down the hall towards baggage claim and all of a sudden there were sister missionaries in front of us and the Ludwigs. I squealed and jumped up and down a little, before running to hug whoever I could grab first. (We're missing two of last year's sisters due to health issues. One won't be coming back out and the other will be joining us in a few weeks.)
Saying goodbye to Montana was really sad. I was a little stressed anyway, but saying goodbye was hard. I cried a lot with the Homers and they did too. Also with my companions and the Gardners. I guess President Ludwig will see President Gardner in a couple weeks, so I told him to say hi for me.
I'm not sure where I'll be or who my companion will be yet. We find out tomorrow. So I also don't know when my new prep day is either. Right now it's just kind of crazy getting stuff done (buying food, interviews, pioneer dress fittings, etc.) and we have been told to just pair off with someone to have a companion. It's been a crazy couple days, I tell ya what. I'm pretty tired and it's not even noon! It's kind of surreal and I'm a little weirded out but, I'm happy to see my sisters and the senior missionaries.
Love,
Sister Nikki
Apr 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment