"Mostly not much exciting has happened anyway because we've mostly been sitting in meetings all day since I last emailed. I served yesterday and gave a tour to a couple who are en route moving to the Three Forks area. That was exciting. Oh, and one of those days we did a one-mile handcart trek. I lost my shoe in the mud a few times. I also had fun and learned a lot from the experience and bonded with the other sisters. I also learned I am glad I was not a pioneer-- one mile was enough for me. It also made me think-- the people who ended up crossing with handcarts were mostly those who were either later or poorer. So, the parallel in my mind is that it is much easier to be prepared and out of debt, etc. Not that those saints did anything wrong to be in that condition, but I think there is a valuable lesson to learn from their misfortune.
Well, that's it for now. I need to write to President.
Have a great week! I love you all!
Oh, p.s. My p-day this transfer is Tuesday.
Love,
Sister W"
Apr 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment